The successful candidate will demonstrate significant experience in the healthcare settings, strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and a commitment to improving models of care and workforce in healthcare. This role will allow the successful applicant to develop their portfolio career alongside their clinical work, developing strong leadership, project management, and team-working skills.
As a Senior Clinical Consultant, the candidate will develop the knowledge, skills, and experience to own and personally deliver pieces of work as well as training, coaching, and leading teams in the delivery of work. A Senior Clinical Consultant will be based in either Client Relations, Project Delivery or Education.
33n will support successful candidates in achieving their potential through training and professional development. The main responsibilities of a successful candidate will reflect the team that they are recruited into (Client Relations, Project Delivery, or Education), however, at times they may be required to support other functions. The successful Senior Clinical Consultant will have the following responsibilities regardless of their home team:
Project scoping and delivery
- Understand and establish project objectives, deliverables, and dependencies.
- Independently lead the project team to collect, validate, analyse, and synthesise data to achieve project objectives – with a fundamental focus on improving the healthcare outcomes for patients and the workforce.
- Independently maintain relationships with clients, plan and run meetings, lead discussion, and manage conflict to achieve consensus.
- Plan and complete assigned work within the project (internal or external to 33n) to a high quality, on time and on budget.
- Lead and coach other consultants in the completion of large projects, ensuring the delivery of high quality, timely work, and developing the skills of colleagues within their home team.
- Proactively identify client needs and assists in developing solutions both throughout project work and at completion (supporting ongoing business through identifying business development opportunities with the client).
Communication and cross-project engagement
- Positively and proactively engage with colleagues, stakeholders, and clients to achieve effective, cross-functional working.
- Confidently prepare for and deliver succinct, clear, insightful, and impactful presentations to be used in larger groups or forums.
- Participate in the design and development of new educational material.
- Deliver innovative and engaging education to candidates.
- Assume the role of professional representative in all public and client settings.
People, process, and content
- Support the delivery of the projects through collaborative leadership, including engaging with project plans, project managers, tracking and prioritising own work and activities, and identifying and escalating risk as appropriate.
- Solve problems with people and process proactively as they arise.
- Read and work on documents asynchronously with colleagues.
- Engage with the 33n line management process, proactively giving and receiving feedback, undertaking regular development reviews, and empowering others in achieving their potential.
- Works as a friendly, professional, and empathetic member of the team
- Be familiar with and be guided by 33n values in the delivery of work and engagement with colleagues.
The job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the business.
More information on the job specification can be found here.