Head of Project Delivery
Hours: 0.8wte to full time
Location: Remote with occasional requirement to travel to London and/or a project site.
The successful candidate will demonstrate significant experience within the healthcare setting, with a commitment to improving models of care and workforce. They will also demonstrate strong collaborative leadership, project management and team-working skills.
As Head of Project Delivery, the successful candidate will develop the knowledge, skills and experience in CLEAR to lead and support the Project Delivery team within 33n. They will set the vision for the team, outlining and prioritising objectives to navigate the team through the company strategy and recruiting and developing members to support the team with achieving their goals. They will take a key role in contributing to senior leadership discussions and support the development and embedding of the CLEAR Programme within the NHS.
33n will support the successful candidate in achieving their potential within their role through training and professional development. The main responsibilities of a successful candidate will be within the following domains:
Strategic leadership within 33n
- Contribute as a member of the Delivery Team senior leadership and the Delivery Implementation Strategy Committee (DISCo) – working collaboratively with the Heads of Education, IG, Portfolio and Project Management (PPM), and Client Relations to deliver high quality project work across multiple themes whilst developing and refining the project delivery structure to reduce variability and duplication.
- Contribute as a member of the 33n Senior Leadership Team (SLT) – building trusting, knowledgeable relationships with the other members of the SLT to provide meaningful support and direction in navigating the company strategy.
Leadership within the Project Delivery team
- Set the vision and objectives for the Project Delivery Team – working with the team to ensure these align with the company strategy, working with them to prioritise, develop and deliver on these objectives.
- Provide line management and professional development support for members of the Project Delivery team – developing a line management and support structure within the project delivery team that empowers others.
- Coach and support the ongoing development of the project delivery team, including implementing strategies to enhance team cohesion, communication, collaboration, knowledge and skills.
- Assume accountability to the board for the work produced by the project delivery team. Proactively addresses problems that may arise in order to ensure a positive outcome.
- Lead the project delivery team in the ongoing review and refinement of CLEAR project delivery structures through lessons learned. This will require coordination and collaboration with the other function leads in CLEAR to ensure that there is ongoing development of the CLEAR Programme as a whole.
Development and growth of the Project Delivery team
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources and the SLT to proactively identify resourcing needs, develop job descriptions and recruit into the team.
- Ensure an effective and supportive onboarding process for new recruits.
- Work collaboratively with the 33n Finance team to manage and communicate the budget needs, allocation, tracking and monitoring of budgets for the Project Delivery team.
Client-focussed project work
- Lead and coach other consultants in the completion of large projects, ensuring the delivery of high quality, timely work, and developing the skills of colleagues within their home team.
- Contribute to the development and embedding of the CLEAR Programme in the NHS: creates new opportunities using existing methodology (for example, winning new work with an existing client).
- Proactively identify client needs and assists in developing solutions both throughout project work and at completion (supporting ongoing business through identifying business development opportunities with the client).
In addition to the responsibilities specific to the Head of Project Delivery role, a successful candidate will have the following responsibilities regarding projects, engagement and people:
Project scoping and delivery
- Understand and establish project objectives, deliverables, and dependencies.
- Independently lead the project team to collect, validate, analyse, and synthesise data to achieve project objectives – with a fundamental focus on improving the healthcare outcomes for patients and the workforce.
- Independently maintain relationships with clients, plan and run meetings, lead discussion, and manage conflict to achieve consensus.
- Plan and complete assigned work within the project (internal or external to 33n) to a high quality, on time and on budget.
Communication and cross-project engagement
- Positively and proactively engage with colleagues, stakeholders, and clients to achieve effective, cross-functional working.
- Confidently prepare for and deliver succinct, clear, insightful, and impactful presentations to be used in larger groups or forums.
- Participate in the design and development of new educational material and project structures.
- Deliver innovative and engaging education to candidates.
- Assume the role of professional representative in all public and client settings.
People, process, and content
- Support the delivery of the projects through collaborative leadership, including engaging with project plans, project managers, tracking and prioritising own work and activities, and identifying and escalating risk as appropriate.
- Solve problems with people and process proactively as they arise.
- Read and work on documents asynchronously with colleagues.
- Engage with the 33n line management process, proactively giving and receiving feedback, undertaking regular development reviews, and empowering others in achieving their potential.
- Works as a friendly, professional, and empathetic member of the team
- Be familiar with and be guided by 33n values in the delivery of work and engagement with colleagues.
The job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the business.
View further details on the job specification here
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a CV to email@example.com.