As a Business Development Manager at 33n, you will play a vital role in expanding our presence in the NHS and international markets. You will be responsible for identifying and converting new business opportunities, cultivating relationships with key stakeholders, and driving revenue growth in line with 33n’s strategy. Your focus will be keeping up to date with the changing NHS environment, promoting our services with commissioners, developing strategic partnerships, and negotiating and writing contracts.
This role sits within the Business Development, Communications and Marketing team reporting to the Head of BD, Communications and Marketing. At times, they may be required to support other functions.
The successful Business Development Manager will have the following responsibilities:
Core Business Development activity
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within the NHS and international healthcare sectors in line with 33n’s strategic objectives and core products.
- Explore opportunities for growing 33n’s business, such as new markets, partnerships, or innovative approaches, develop strategies and present recommendations to the BD Director, Head of BD and BD Operational Management Team for consideration.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers, stakeholders, and influencers in target markets.
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations, proposals, and demonstrations to potential clients.
- Provide regular reports and updates on sales activities, revenue forecasts, and market insights to the management team.
- Develop client relationship management in target markets and play key role in the roll out of CRM platform
- Gain thorough understanding of the market, contribute to market research and collaborate with delivery and product teams to enhance our solutions, software and educational products, and consultancy offers in line with market insight
- Play a key role in developing a collaborative and supportive environment within the business development team, encouraging knowledge sharing and cross-functional collaboration.
- Support the director and head of business development in monitoring and managing the sales pipeline, communicating key metrics with the senior leadership team and liaising with the product and delivery teams to ensure accurate forecasts for finance, scheduling and resource management.
- Regularly evaluate and optimise business development processes, strategies, and tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understand 33n’s company vision and play a key role in BD elements of the strategy (e.g. market analysis, competitor research, pricing strategies) in collaboration with the rest of the BD team and wider business.
- Independently manage key parts of the end-to-end sales process, from prospecting and lead generation to contract negotiation and closure while engaging with delivery and product teams in the process.
- Engage the delivery team and project managers at the appropriate time in the sales process and provide detailed and comprehensive hand-over of information and relationships to support the effective initiation of the project.
- Stay up-to-date with NHS and healthcare market and emerging technologies in the sector.
- Attend conferences, trade shows, and networking events to promote 33n brand, services and products and establish industry connections.
Cross team working
- Collaborate with 33n teams to ensure smooth project implementation and client satisfaction (including education, delivery, client relations and project management)
- Play key role in communications between the business development team and other departments enabling clear communication and alignment of goals and objectives
Building Business Development Capability
- Identify training needs across 33n and collaborate with the appropriate stakeholders to develop, implement and evaluate Business Development training and development programmes.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and coaching to team members to enhance their business development skills and performance.
- Stay updated on the latest industry trends, market dynamics, and best practices in business development, and share relevant knowledge and insights across 33n and within the team.
- Participates in the design and development of new educational material.
People, process and content
- Solve problems with people and process proactively as they arise.
- Proactively provide feedback to wider 33n staff from other functions involved in the BD and lead development process, empowering others to win work
- Works as a friendly, professional, and empathetic member of the team, recognising individual strengths and contributions of team members.
The job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the business.
Read more on the specification of the role.
How to apply:
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org